CITES is one of the largest and oldest agreements for conservation and sustainable use. Participation is voluntary and countries that have agreed to be bound by the convention are called contracting parties. Although CITES is legally binding on contracting parties, it is not a substitute for national laws. On the contrary, it provides a framework respected by each party, which must adopt its own national legislation for the implementation of CITES at the national level. Often, there is no national legislation (particularly in parties that have not ratified it) or sanctions with the seriousness of the crime and insufficient deterrence for wildlife traffickers. [3] In 2002, 50% of the contracting parties missed one or more of the four main requirements for one party: the designation of administrative and scientific authorities; laws prohibiting trade in violation of CITES; Sanctions for trade; Laws that provide for the seizure of designs. [4] International agreements for UH-Menia must be reviewed by the Office of International and Exchange Programs (OIEP) and M`noa`s Office of the Vice-Chancellor for Academic Affairs (OVCAA), as well as by the Uh-System of Export Controls (OECD), the OFFICE UH of the Vice President Academic Planning and Policy (OVPAPP) and, in some cases, the Office of General Counsel(OVPAPP). The OIEP advises on the appropriate procedure for the type of agreement proposed and can be contacted by phone (956-2223) or email ( All international UH-Menoa agreements on university programs must be reviewed at several levels and signed by the President. If you wish to develop an international agreement, you must familiarize yourself with the executive policy of the UH 8.200 system: Treaty and Signature Authority. Please pay particular attention to the International Agreements Section (III.B.4.c), which describes the appropriate review process and provides models of international contracts available to them by clicking on the Downloaded Appendix 6 link.

5. For joint/double degree and joint agreements (MOA), please contact April Goodwin ( in OVCAA. These agreements set out specific provisions for admission and study/transfer equivalencies as well as common/duval study programs. In general, such agreements are jointly designed by the faculty of the UHM and the partner institution. Double grade requires WASC certification, a process that can take many months, so please plan accordingly. To propose a new student exchange partnership, please complete the MIX Student Exchange Agreement Proposal Form and send it to the MIX Office (QLC 206) or send a scanned signed copy to Student exchange contracts are concluded in a spirit of reciprocity. It is therefore necessary to demonstrate the interest of the students of the UHM, as well as proof that students will benefit from the creation of a new exchange partnership.

N.b.. It is important to check with the interlocutor of the partner institution that the president`s digital signature is acceptable. The UH no longer needs non-digital signatures (“wet ink”” or physical copies of chords, but in the rare event that the partner institution insists on a wet ink signature, this requirement must be mentioned in the signature action protocol.

This entry was posted in Geen categorie. Bookmark the permalink.